This is the Privacy Notice to Clients (hereinafter the “Notice”) by NICOS ANSTASIADES AND PARTNERS LLC AND ANY OTHER SUBSIDIARY OR RELATED COMPANY with registered office at 64, Omirou Street, IMPERIUM TOWER, 3096, Limassol, Cyprus (hereinafter “the Advocates/legal consultants” or “we” or “us”).
The Advocates/Legal Consultants have dedicated to protecting your privacy and safeguarding your Personal Data during the entire period equal to the duration of our engagement by the Client for the provision of legal, corporate, nominee, management and other related services and also for a period of 6 years as of the date of the termination of our engagement or after the completion of the provision of our services to you. (hereinafter “Client” or “you”).
This notice is construed in accordance with the provisions of the Law Providing the protection of the physical persons against the processing of the Personal Data and the free movement of these data, Law 125(I)/2018, ‘’the Law’’ and in accordance with Article 13 of the General Data Protection Regulation (EU Regulation 679/2016, GDPR), regarding the processing of your Personal Data as a Client by the Advocates/Legal Consultants acting as Data Controllers.
1. What information do we collect in relation to you?
We collect Personal Data and keep them in electronic or hardcopy records and we use a combination of working practices and technology to ensure that your Personal Data is kept confidential and secure.
In particular within the scope of the provision of our legal, corporate, nominee, management and other related services we collect one or more or all of the following types of Personal Data to relevant to physical persons being our clients:
- the valid passport or any other Certified Proof of Identity, containing inter alia a photo of the physical person and information about his/her name, date and place of birth and gender,
- the valid utility bill or Original or other proof of Residential Address, bank reference letter/s,
- Curriculum vitae outlining the academic background, employment history, sources of income, place of birth (town and country) and marital status, occupation,
- Skype Identification (ID)
- Any other information with respect to physical Person’s Information (Personal info, Contact Details, etc.),
- Tax identification number,
- Tax return,
- Information with respect to source of wealth or income of a physical person,
- Information with respect to the expected annual turnover,
- bank accounts’ details, balances, statements,
- Criminal record,
- Residency card/certificate,
- Title deed of any immovable property held in the Republic of Cyprus or abroad by the physical person,
- Conduct details such as email, telephone number, fax, mailing address, skype address,
- Details in relation to the physical person or the physical person’s representatives or executives or employees such as name/surname, address, contact details (phone number, email etc) ID/passport details, working position,
- Physical Person’s Clients’ or associates’ Information (Cv, Personal info, Contact Details, etc.),
- Bank account/s, details/balances/statements/ of the Physical person,
2. Lawful Purposes for collection and processing
The Advocates/legal Counsels collect, register, manage, organize, store, adjust or transform, search, use combine, destroy or delete and generally use your Personal Data for the provision of legal, corporate, nominee, management and other related services to you:
- To submit orders and to execute and manage your requests with respect to the provision of our services to you and for we which we have been engaged,
- To fulfil legal obligations arising out of the provision of our services to you and/or as imposed by the applicable domestic and European legislation, the International applicable guidelines and the guidelines and directives of our Supervisory Authority which is the Cyprus Bar Association,
- To protect our legal interests,
- To evaluate, support, secure, protect, improve and promote our co-operation,
- To comply to our KYC (KNOW YOUR CLIENT) and CDD (Customer Due Diligence and Record Keeping legal obligation,
3. Legal basis for processing your Personal Data (protections and security measures)
(organizational and technical measures)
4. How we can share your Personal Data?
We apply strict internal security rules, procedures and programs regarding the processing of Personal Data and third parties’ access to our electronic, hard records and files. We only share your Personal Data when this is necessary to conduct the provisions of our legal, corporate, management and other related services to you and to discharge an obligation imposed by law or, by our supervisory authority’s directions and request, which is the Cyprus Bar Association.
We are obliged by our domestic legislation and by the Cyprus Bar Association directions and rules to share your Personal Data to: all the Supervisory Authorities in the Republic of Cyprus, the Tax Department of the Republic of Cyprus, the Police Department of the Republic of Cyprus, the Unit of Combating Money Laundering (MOKAS) in the Republic of Cyprus and the Custom and Excise Office of the Republic of Cyprus upon the receipt of a prior written official request or by any Court Order addressed to us, issued by the any of the Courts of the Republic of the Cyprus.
We may also share your information with:
- Our appointed licensed accountant/tax advisor (who process your personal data on our behalf)
- external associates, system implements and independent software vendors and developers,
5. Personal Data retention period
The Advocates’/Legal Consultants’ Personal Data retention policy is that of 6 years as of the date of the expiration or termination of the business relationship and the provision of the professional services from the Advocates/Legal Consults to the Client.
Cookies may be stored on your computer or internet-enabled device whenever you visit us online. This allows the site to remember your computer or device and serves a number of purposes.
We uses Google Analytics. This is used in order for the Firm to view how you arrived at our website, however, this information is anonymous and we don’t know who you are. This information is collected in order to helps us see what pages of our website are visited the most.
Social media application
Nicos Chr. Anastasiades & Partners LLC website may include functionality to enable sharing via third party social media applications, such as the Facebook button. This social media application may collect and use information regarding your use Nicos Chr. Anastasiades & Partners LLC web site. Any personal data that you provide via such social media application may be collected and used by other members of that social media application and such interactions are governed by the privacy policies of the companies that provide the application. We do not have control over, or responsibility for, those companies or their use of your information.
Updates to the Privacy Notice
The privacy notice may be amendment from time to time in order to meet changes in the regulatory environment and business needs. You will be informed about the any updated versions of the present Privacy Notice, so that you are always aware of when the Privacy Notice was last updated.
DPO Contact Info
Mr. Stathis Lemis
Data Protection Officer
64, Omirou Street, Imperium Tower,
3096, Limassol, Cyprus